Thursday, July 12, 2012

Mommy's Milky and a Fierce 6lb Baby

She was amazing. That is the only way I can say it.  Everyone in the delivery room was shocked that she took to the breast immediately with no problems. All 6 pounds 1 ounce of  tiny Harper Averie was flawlessly designed to aggressively seek out and attack mommy's breasts with a vengeance. The feats of strength and determination displayed by this itsy bitsy babe were so entertaining.

The video is dark, but you get the idea!

Immediately, she slept through the night, only wake up once to nurse. Often times, just near the scent of my breast made her pass out immediately, the comfort she found was immense. The day time was a different story. Harper loved mommy's milky so much and found my breast so comforting that after just minutes of nursing she would conk out. I would try to wake her by stroking her cheek or tickling her feet, but I guess the intoxication was that strong.  Needless to say, she would awake 15 minutes later grumbling and grunting for the breast.  I didn't get a whole lot done in those times. We spent most of our time on the couch.........and that was fine by me.  I never passed up the chance to stare lovingly in awe and amazement I this tiny perfect little person who truly believed that I was the center of the world.
During nursing, Harper had managed to work
 her arm under the strap of mommy's cami and conk out.



~For The <3 of Harper

No comments:

Post a Comment